National Farm Animal Care Council
The National Farm Animal Care Council (NFACC) brings together diverse stakeholders to coordinate a national approach to farm animal welfare in Canada. NFACC is a collaborative partnership of diverse stakeholders that:
- Facilitates and coordinates a consistent approach to farm animal welfare* in Canada, demonstrating credibility in domestic and international forums
- Facilitates communication and collaboration among all partners in Canadian agriculture focusing on responsible farm animal care and welfare.
Based on a foundation of trust, communication and respect, it is a member-driven organization whose mission is to:
- Make best use of resources and capabilities through improved coordination
- Add value to stakeholders by collaborating, communicating and sharing tools, approaches, knowledge and information/experience
- Facilitate proactive approaches to livestock care.
Significant strides have been made by NFACC in bringing together the whole value chain and other stakeholders to develop science-informed approaches to farm animal care by
- developing Codes of Practice for the care and handling of farm animals,
- creating a process for the development of animal care assessment programs, and
- providing a forum for open dialogue on farm animal welfare.
For more information visit NFACC’s website at: https://www.nfacc.ca.
Click here to learn about the Advancing Animal Welfare and Public Trust Through Codes of Practice project