Due to the risk of COVID-19, Forum was hosted virtually in two sessions held on October 26, 2021 and November 23, 2021. These events were simultaneously translated and recordings are available in French and English.
Session 1: Tuesday Oct. 26, 2021: 11:00 to 14:00 EST - RECORDING (must be registered to view the recording)
The International Landscape of Animal Health and Welfare - A 3 hour virtual event with speakers touching upon the themes of:
- Public-Private Partnerships from a Global Perspective
- U.S. Efforts to Operationalize One Health
- John A. Korslund DVM. One Health Coordinator (Acting), Office of Interagency Coordination, USDA, APHIS, Veterinary Services, S&P - presentation
- Colin Basler DVM, MPH, DACVPM. Deputy Director, One Health Office, National Center for Emerging and Zoonotic Infectious Diseases, U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention - presentation
- The Global Burden of Animal Diseases
A Q&A discussion was held with the speakers following each presentation.
This session has been RACE approved for 3 hours of continuing education (CE) credits
Registration fee for this session is $50. To access the full recorded session of this day, email Samantha@animalhealthcanada.ca
Session 2: Tuesday November 23rd, 2021: 11:00 - 14:00 EST
Forum session 2 was an essential collaborative session to help guide strategic planning for the future of animal health and welfare in Canada.
A foundation for Animal Health Canada: the Plant and Animal Health Strategy - accomplishments and the road ahead This three-hour virtual session built off of Session 1 of the 2021 Forum by sharing updates on key animal health and welfare activities in Canada and describing Council’s Plant and Animal Health Strategy summary project. Participants were also engaged in facilitated discussions to help inform strategic planning and the path forward for animal health and welfare in Canada.
Session Facilitator: Steven Roche, MSc, PhD.
This session has been RACE approved for 2 hours of continuing education (CE) credits
There is no registration fee for this session. To access the recording of this session, email email@example.com