Farmed Animal Health and Welfare 2020 Pilot Project
Under the NFAHW Council, the NFAHW Strategy (2009) was renewed, which resulted in the development of Farmed Animal Health and Welfare 2020 … a strategy for animal agriculture in Canada. The renewed strategy was intended to provide strategic direction and priorities for all stakeholders in animal agriculture up to 2020.
Farmed Animal Health and Welfare 2020 envisioned a community of animal agriculture that would collectively work toward the strategic outcomes using the priorities established. In the summer of 2018, the NFAHW Council piloted a project with a subset of stakeholders who were asked to report on existing programs and activities that contribute to progress on two strategic outcomes and one 5-year priority of Farmed Animal Health and Welfare 2020. The information in this report was used to populate an infographic which presented the information in a clear and concise format. It should be noted that the information in the infographics reflects information collected in 2018 and is a snapshot in time. The engagement and participation of stakeholders who participated in this progress report was greatly appreciated.
Since the development of the Farmed Animal Health and Welfare 2020 Strategy, the Plant and Animal Health Strategy was developed. The National Farmed Animal Health and Welfare Council (now AHC) was asked to play a leadership role in reporting on Canada’s animal health progress as it pertains to the Plant and Animal Health Strategy.
FAHW 2020 Infographics:
- Canadian Animal Health Institute
- Canadian Cattlemen's Association
- Canadian Hatching Egg Producers
- Canadian Sheep Federation
- Canadian Pork Council
- Canadian Veterinary Medical Association
- Chicken Farmers of Canada
- Dairy Farmers of Canada
- Egg Farmers of Canada
- Equestrian Canada
- National Farm Animal Care Council
- Manitoba Pork
- National Farmed Animal Health and Welfare Council
- Ontario Sheep Farmers
- Turkey Farmers of Canada
- 2009: National Farmed Animal Health and Welfare Strategy
- 2014: Farmed Animal Health and Welfare 2020 … a strategy for animal agriculture in Canada